Introduction to the People CMM®
Is your organization able to attract, train, deploy, and retain the people you need to develop and deliver in today’s competitive market?
This course will teach you how to use the People CMM to evaluate how well you use your human resources, set priorities for improving the competence of its workforce, integrate competence growth with process improvement, and establish a culture of workforce excellence.
*Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
This three-day course introduces those who are involved in improving workforce management practices or managing technical professionals to the People Capability Maturity Model (People CMM), its fundamental concepts, and the value it can bring to organizations using it. The People CMM is a framework that organizations can use to attract, motivate, and retain talented technical staff. The practices in the model help an organization be an employer of choice and ensure that the staff has the competencies and capabilities to achieve an organization's current and future business objectives.
This course enables participants to:
- understand how each process area is designed
- understand the structure of the People CMM and the value of the People CMM Framework
- understand how to apply the People CMM Framework in different types of organizations
- evaluate whether an organization's existing workforce practices accomplish the goals of each process area
- understand how managers and organizations behave at each of the five maturity levels in the model
- understand how an organization can use the People CMM Framework to collaboratively evolve its workforce practices
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions.
This course is a prerequisite for the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying People CMM® course, SCAMPI Lead Appraiser Training for People CMM, and the Introduction to People CMM Instructor Course.
The Introduction to People CMM does not require any specific preparation.
This course is offered by CMMI Institute and Certified CMMI Institute Partners at locations and sites around the world. To find an offering of the Introduction to People CMM, you can search our course listings in the event calendar or search for a training partner near you in the CMMI Institute Partner Directory.
No public course is currently scheduled at this time, but you do have other options:
Bundle and Save
Register for the Fundamentals of CMMI® elearning course and the CMMI® Associate exam together to save 10%.